Thursday, January 05, 2006

Of New Year’s Resolutions and other realizations

It has never been my habit to come up with a list of resolutions for the New Year, since I know I will break them anyway. But this year I’m making one because I’ve realized and learned a lot of things about life in general over the past year…

1. Learn new and exciting things. Last year, I kept on planning to try a lot of new stuff, like wall climbing, Bikram yoga, even swimming (pucha, ako lang ata tao di marunong mag-swimming!), but never got around to DOING. So now I am really going to commit myself to try these new stuff, and get a little more out of life. First thing I will try is wall climbing, because that seems like the easiest and most convenient to do. I’ll try to convince Brian to go climbing with me this month. And then Bikram yoga. Ivy would be my partner when it comes to those kinds of stuff, dahil mahilig yun sa mga artsy fartsy (ballet, dancing, etc). And then sa summer, swimming! Before I go to the States, I really really have to learn how to swim!


2. Travel and meet more people. I guess now would be the perfect opportunity to travel and learn all sorts of cultures. I guess I am pretty lucky to have gone to a lot of different places already, but unfortunately, I wasn’t able to take great advantage of it at that time.

3. Smile more. Need I say more?

4. Be more optimistic.

5. Read more books. Although I am such a reality TV addict, I’m still trying to find some time in my schedule to read some noteworthy books. I’m pretty picky when it comes to liking books. Most of the bestsellers I’ve tried to read, I never really liked (example: DaVinci Code, The Alchemist).

6. Take good care of my health and well-being. Take my multivitamins daily, drink milk, and finally find some form of physical exertion so I can build some muscles into my body! Somehow I’ve realized I need to regain some pounds into my 100-lb frame. I wanna look healthy, glowing, and fabulous!

I guess that’s about it for now. It think it’s good that I’ve written my resolutions here so I can check if I was really able to do the things I set out to do at the start of the year.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home