Thursday, December 07, 2006

I got a text message from my Mom today saying that my Ate’s student visa application has just been approved. I’m quite happy, because my sister has been dreaming about this for such a long time.

Though, I don’t know if I’m gonna be sad or happy with the news, because that would also mean that we would be finally migrating to the US to be with my sister.

Some thoughts that ran through my head as I was thinking about my family’s decision of leaving the country:

- My boss would definitely be surprised when I resign from my job, but I’m sure he can manage…

- I’m going to miss all my friends (high school, office, college). I just wish I was able to spend more time with my HS friends these past years (instead of devoting my entire social life to my bf then, who left ME for his job!). Oh well…

- What actually worries me about living there is my health bills, because here in the Phils I'm already comfortable with my ophthalmologist, neurologist, etc. And since I have insurance, I don't pay as much.


Well, wish me luck. The thought of starting a new life in a new country also seems a bit exciting to me. I just hope everything works out for me and my family. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home