Monday, January 16, 2006

Why I Still Don't Have New Glasses

After weeks of scouring for the perfect pair of glasses, I finally found one that suited my style and budget (nothing above 4000 bucks). It was a Nicole Miller plastic frame priced at 3430, but there's a discount of 25%off! So that's actually 2572.50 to be exact, plus my multicoated lens, setting me back at around 3550. So much for saving money this year. :-)

But what the hell. I really need to buy a new one. Besides, the one I'm getting is not so expensive for a branded pair. :-)

So the next thing I did was have my eyes checked. Now this is where things got kinda weird. After the computerized eye exam, I proceeded to this small room where they make you wear this geeky glasses and read letters from afar. The exam on my right eye seemed mormal, although reading the small letters took considerable effort. And by this time, my eyes were really tired already from squinting and making out letters from what seemed like dark blurs.

And then it was my left eye's turn to read the letters. Could you believe all I could read was the big K on the white board?!? I literally could not see a thing! By this time the optometrist was getting exasperated by me. Hello, was it actually my fault that I could not read those things? Deep inside, I felt extremely worried already. Iniisip ko na baka nabubulag na left eye ko...Or something seriously wrong with my left eye because I always wear contacts....

And so they took another computerized eye exam on me, and we did another round on my left eye. Pero wala pa rin nangyari. Weird.

So that's why I ended up not being able to buy new glasses.

Tomorrow I'm taking a day off work. I'm going to my ophthalmologist, Dr. Lapuz. And then I'll visit na rin my neurologist.

4 Comments:

Blogger droz said...

ayaw mo na mag-contacts? so ur trying the sophisticated office girl look ha? hehe!

nanganak na pala si carol! congrats kamo sa kanya. (malamang matagal leave nya)

well, active blogger na uli ako kaya, keep in touch ayt?! miss ko na kayo. (next get-together, sali ako ha?)

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I just went to my ophtha, and di na ko pwede mag contacts...:-( (just read my next blog) so glasses na lang talaga...

8:53 AM  
Blogger droz said...

ahh, bak nga in-allergy ka na dun kaya swollen yung eye mo dati. o baka lang naninilip ka. heheh!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Baby Girl said...

hahaha! baka nga tama si droz!!! hehe! miss ko na kaio!!! sama din ako next time! =) heehee

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home